Today's post is random, so I apologize ahead of time. First, it is one of my favorite nights of the year; the Tony Awards are on tonight. I love the theatre, especially musicals. I have season subscriptions for the Broadway series and Pittsburgh CLO, and I try to attend the public theatre whenever possible. In my first teaching position I was the theatre teacher in addition to teaching English. I loved teaching theatre. I taught acting, staging, lighting, production, and history of theatre. My favorite unit was the history of the American musical; I use a PBS documentary series to help teach it and intertwined period musicals to help the students understand the trends. I was always amazed at how much students loved Fiddler on the Roof and Guys and Dolls; they'd sing for days after watching either of those two films. I also directed the musical and one-act plays for the school. I loved it.
My next random piece of information for today is that I was hired Thursday night as a 7-12 librarian. I'm very excited about this move, especially because I am going to a high school that has a teaching library, which means I'll be teaching more than doing clerical work. I needed a change from strict classroom, but didn't want to give up teaching which is why this is a perfect scenario for me. I'm very excited. I'm also excited because I finally found a house I want to buy. Now I just have to hope the people who own it are willing to accept my offer. I've got my fingers and toes crossed!
Finally for today's randomness, I took the first quiz on Blackboard today. I found parts of it challenging and frustrating because I could not remember the information. After I submitted my quiz, I went back into my notes looking for the answers. I could not find all of them. I usually have great notes, but I missed some things. I hope I did okay on the quiz because right now I have a 4.0 in the program, and I really don't want to lose it although this course is by far the most challenging course I've had to date. Their are many days where I become frustrated and wish I were back in a school library course because I really understood those ones and did well in them (mainly because I was already teaching). I do like the challenge of this course though, don't get me wrong, I just need to focus in more I guess. Hopefully the next quiz will go better.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment