I started writing this blog entry last night, but was interrupted by a hungry family and fussy baby, which leads me to my first point; I thought I had 18 posts already done, but apparently somewhere along the way I missed one probably because I was interrupted again; oh well.
I was able to take the LIS 2600 quiz without interruption today (although when I first started it looked like I wasn't going to be able to). As I was working through the quiz today, I was surprised by some of the questions because I did not have anything written in my notes (and I'm an avid note-taker), nor was their much in the textbook on the subject. I tried using just my notes, the textbook, or the PowerPoints from class to complete the answers, but I could not for a few of the questions. I did find a great source about web design and HTML language, which I ended up using to help answer some of the questions. The web site is http://www.w3schools.com. This site was helpful as I worked through some of the questions, although for one question the information provided confused me a bit, so I ended up finding another website that utilized questions with concise answers to help locate information. Overall, I think the quiz went well (I hope that means I did well also).
In other technology news, I'm getting very frustrated with Google Docs. I want to utilize Google Docs for the library calendar this year, but I can't get my Excel document to load properly. I use a color code on the weekly calendar because our bell schedule changes throughout the week. We have one schedule on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and a different schedule for Tuesday and Thursday. I tried creating two calendars, but that was just confusing. Now I'm fighting with Google Docs to get color on my calendar and no matter what I do it just uploads in black, white, and yellow (it does accept my highlighting). I understand the appeal of Google Docs; we've been using them with the summer school students to upload their papers, so that the teachers can look at drafts and help with revisions without wasting paper, but I can't stand that formatting is not retained upon upload.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment