Monday, July 26, 2010

Post 22 - Pictures

I've been working on building my portfolio for our final assignment in LIS 2600, and I am getting frustrated. I created the style sheet using Kompozer, but then ended up adjusting things on the edit screen because when I tried adjusting the CSS information it stayed the same on the edit screen, so now I don't know if I have the CSS still in place or not. Then, as I was working, I inserted screen captures of steps from Omeka and Koha. The pictures look great on the edit screen, but when I uploaded the file through Filezilla the pictures didn't load. I tried transferring the pictures into the public html folder, but they failed every time (which was many). Then I tried adjusting the path and the pictures disappeared from the edit screen in Kompozer. I think I am going to give up for tonight, and I'll try to figure things out in the morning.

I think technology just doesn't like me today. At work I was trying to upload the library calendar to Google docs, and I couldn't get it to work at all. I wanted to move the teachers from a print sign-up calendar to the online calendar through Google Docs, but the file that I created in Excel won't upload properly; it keeps blackening in squares that have a gray fill in the Excel file. I tried adjusting the coloring of the file, but it kept doing the same thing. I guess for as much as I want the technology to work I may just have to keep the paper calendar and transfer the names to the Excel file each week for posting.

On top of everything else, I found out I have to recreate the library website because the school went with a different web service for the site this year, so we're redoing everything. I have great ideas for the site, but I'm running out of time with everything else I need to do before school begins. Oh well, hopefully it'll get done, so long as I don't find anymore mold on my shelves...it's a long story, but let me just say be careful adjusting your collection if no one's cleaned the shelves in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment